Year Round Fire Safety
During the summer and fall months, we all love to enjoy a nice fire with our friends and family (socially distanced of course) and some s'mores! While in the winter, some of us enjoy a nice fire by the fireplace inside. However you enjoy your fires, it's important that you are safe!
Indoor fireplaces/pellet/ wood stoves
Be sure your chimney and stove (if you have one) is inspected and cleaned by a chimney specialist once a year to ensure there is no creosote build-up and no other issues. Keep the area around the fireplace clean and clear of any fire hazards. This can include decorations, tripping hazards, and any other flammable materials.
- Ensure the flue is open before igniting a fire
- Use fireplace gloves when adjusting the doors or screens
- Close the damper when the fire is completely out
- Control your fire
While most of us enjoy sitting outside by the fire with friends and family, enjoying a beautiful summer or fall night, it is always important to remember and be aware of safety and any hazards.
- Always use a designated fire pit
- Keep water nearby in case of an emergency
- Never use a flammable liquid to start a fire
- Don't wear flowy clothing around a fire, always wear snug fit or short-sleeved clothes.
- After you've had your fun around the fire, be sure the fire is doused with water and is fully extinguished.
Whether you're enjoying a campfire outside or warming up by the fire inside, always be sure you're practicing proper safety measures!
SERVPRO of Mt. Laurel/Moorestown is here to help you with any fire-related damage. Our teams are highly trained to help guide you through the entire process. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Give us a call at (856) 778-4055, we're always here to help