Mold In Moorestown, NJ
SERVPRO of Mt. Laurel/Moorestown responded to a call for mold remediation in Moorestown, New Jersey. The ice maker line in the refrigerator was leaking for an unknown length of time. As a result, the floor and cabinets were wet. As soon as the homeowner discovered the floors were wet, he called SERVPRO of Mt. Laurel/Moorestown.
Upon tearing out the kitchen floor, our technicians learned that the subfloor was also effected by mold and had to come out, along with the cabinets. The wood in the subfloor and the cabinets is a food source for mold. In order to grown, mold requires an organic material to feed on, sustained moisture, and time. This Moorestown kitchen met these requirements.
The kitchen was approximately 150 square feet. SERVPRO of Mt. Laurel/Moorestown set up an air scrubber and dehumidifier within the containment in order to properly clean the space. The family could not use their kitchen for the three days our company was working, but they were not displaced from their home. After the tear out, we vacuumed the space with a HEPA vacuum to catch any errant mold spores from the remaining surfaces in the kitchen.
So as you can see, a small leak that goes undetected for a period of time can cause major damage! Make sure you have someone to call as soon as you notice a problem. SERVPRO of Mt. Laurel/Moorestown responds to all emergency cleanups 24/7.